1. Why DanceTangoTV?
If you are interested in tango, DanceTangoTV will be your fantastic resource. If you are busy, don’t have a teacher, are on a budget, no matter! These won’t hold you back anymore. DanceTangoTV allows you to stream a multitude of classes with some of the best teachers in tango, whenever you can, for a price you can afford.
2. How Do I access videos on DanceTangoTV?
You activate an unlimited membership for access to our entire growing library of hundreds of tango classes. If it’s your first time, click on any class for a free preview.
3. Can I watch DanceTangoTV on my phone or mobile device?
Sure! You can watch on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. A fast connection helps, of course, so if you can connect with Wifi, you’ll have the best results.
4. What does it cost?
For $19 a month DanceTangoTV subscribers have unlimited access membership to our ever-growing library of videos.
5. Do you offer a free trial?
Yes, we do! There is a 1-month free trial to see if DanceTangoTV is a good fit for your Tango needs.
6. How do I get started?
There are several quick and easy ways to get started. Follow the steps below or check out how it works here.
- Hover over the menu bar (at the top of each page) to see your options for selecting videos. You can search a few different ways: style, teacher, level, etc
- Once you narrow down your choices and pick something from the drop-down menu, or you can hover over videos to see their full descriptions.
- When you see a class you’d like to take, click on the video for a short preview.
- To watch the full video, select the class and press play.
With these search functions, it’s easy to access a warm up from one teacher, try a choreography from another, and end with a deep yoga stretch from yet another. Enjoy!
7. What if I have a promotional code?
Well, first of all, congratulations! You can enter your promo code when you’re creating your account.
8. My internet connection is slow, can I still tango?
The streaming rate of our videos dynamically adjusts to the speed of your internet connection. We suggest a minimum download connection speed of 500Kbps per second. The higher the speed, the higher the video quality. If you’re unsure of your data rate, check with your internet service provider. You can also check your connection speed at a site like Speedtest.net.
For optimal playback, you may want to close any additional open web browser pages/tabs and close programs that are downloading or uploading data while watching your videos.
9. What are the technical requirements to take a class on DanceTangoTV?
In general, if you have a computer or device that can display YouTube videos without waiting ages for them to load, then you should be able to see DanceTangoTV classes. An excellent way to test your computer and internet connection is by watching the free preview videos. If they stream smoothly, then you’ll likely be able to watch our full-length videos as well.
10. How can I optimize my internet connection for the best streaming?
The faster your internet connection, the better quality your video will be.
We have also found Chrome to be the better browser for this website so if you have the choice please use it.
11. How do I keep my screen saver from interrupting my class?
If you have a PC, right-click anywhere on the desktop, click on “Properties,” then click on the “Screen Saver” tab at the top of the dialog box.
From there you can disable your screen saver or adjust the settings so it will not come on for over an hour.
If you’re a Mac person, go to the Apple icon and click “System Preferences”. Under “Hardware”, click “Energy Saver”. Then set the computer and display to sleep after 1.5 hours or more, or choose “never”. You may want to change it back to default settings when you’re done dancing; it’ll help save your display life.
12. I love the music used in class, can I buy it?
Yes! At the bottom of your video, click on the “Featured Music.” Tab. This opens a new window that lets you listen to, and purchase, all of the music in the class you are currently watching.
13. How do I view the classes in full screen?
In the bottom right corner of the screen, you’ll find a little icon that will expand the video to full screen. Press ESC to return to your browser.
14. How do I turn up the volume?
Also on the bottom right of the player is a small volume adjustment thing. More bars selected = higher volume.
15. Is my payment information secure?
You can shop at DanceTangoTV.com with confidence. We have partnered with Authorize.Net, a leading payment gateway since 1996, to accept credit cards and electronic check payments safely and securely for our customers.
The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the electronic check and credit card processing networks. See an online payments diagram to see how it works.
The company adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
- Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
- Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
16. How do I update my information or change my password?
Updating your account info is as easy as signing in, clicking on ‘My Account’ link in the upper right of every page, and updating your info. If you lost your password, you can reset it through the sign in page.
17. How do I cancel my monthly unlimited access membership?
We are sorry to see you go but if you must you can cancel your recurring membership payments by logging in and going to the ‘My Account’ link in the upper right of any page. Once there click on ‘View Details’ and you will see the ‘Cancel’ membership. Click that button and then select ‘Confirm’. Your subscription will run out at the end of the monthly term and you will not be charged further.
18. Do I get a refund for any remaining time if I cancel my unlimited access membership?
When you join for a recurring monthly membership, you are paying for access to the site for 30 days from your payment date. If you cancel your unlimited access membership during your 30 day cycle, you will still have the rest of your prepaid time to use the site, you won’t be billed again at the next cycle.
19. How do I renew my membership?
Memberships are renewed automatically until you cancel it.
20. Can I download classes?
For now, our classes are streaming only, so get online and get dancing!
21. Can I share my unlimited access membership with someone else?
Sometimes you might practice with a friend, which can be a fun way to use DanceTangoTV. However, sharing logins and their associated unlimited access memberships or rentals will result in account cancelation. Your account information, including your login, is for the use of one person and cannot be shared. Thanks for your understanding!